‘King of Aces’ Mancil Davis to Exhibit with National Hole-In-One at the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show
DALLAS – Jan. 15, 2014 – Known throughout the professional golfing community as the “King of Aces” for his PGA world record of 51 holes in one, Mancil Davis will exhibit with National Hole-In-One (NHIO) at the 61st Annual PGA Merchandise Show. Davis will greet fans and golfers alike from Jan. 21-24 at the NHIO booth (#2884) on the show floor at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
The native Texan scored his first official hole-in-one at age 11, and continues to find the hole throughout his amateur and professional career. A member of the PGA of America since 1974, Davis played the tour briefly in 1975 and 1976, before focusing on a club professional career in 1977. Davis has served as the director of golf at The Woodlands Country Club (former site of the PGA Houston Open), the Trophy Club in Roanoke, TX and The Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, CA.
Some of Davis’s hole-in-one highlights include:
- 51 official holes-in-one (PGA world record)
- 10 double eagles (world record)
- 8,673 combined yards of holes-in-one (over four and one half miles)
- Career holes-in-one average: 170 yards
- Has made a hole-in-one with every club in the bag (except a putter, pitching wedge or sand wedge)
- Longest hole-in-one: 379 yards
- Shortest hole-in-one: 124 yards
- 8 holes-in-one in a single year
- 3 holes-in-one in a single week
- Made at least one hole-in-one per year between 1967 and 1987
- Has been featured in Golf Digest, Golf, Sports Illustrated, People, Guinness World Book of Records and Ripley’s Believe It or Not
Davis has been involved with NHIO since its inception in 1981. NHIO is the world’s largest provider of hole in one insurance. Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, NHIO has provided hole-in-one insurance for more than 350,000 events worldwide and has paid out more than $60,000,000.
The 61st Annual PGA Merchandise Show will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry’s annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Merchandise Show is organized in partnership with The PGA of America as a trade-only event.
About National Hole-In-One
National Hole-In-One (NHIO), with offices in Dallas and London, is the world’s oldest and largest provider of golf event prize services benefiting thousands of charities and corporate golf events each year. NHIO has covered more than 350,000 events and paid out more than $60 million dollars in prizes and cash since 1981. As pioneers of the hole-in-one concept since 1981, NHIO has provided civic groups, automobile dealers, country clubs, resorts, corporations, radio and television stations and thousands of charitable organizations with reliable hole-in-one prize coverage. NHIOs certificate and prizes are internationally backed by The Republic Group of companies, and rated “excellent” by AM Best. Visit NHIO at www.hio.com.
Phone: (888) 527-6944