Witness requirements are based on the prize value. All witnesses must be event non-participants, age 18 or over, of good moral character, and appointed by the association member as follows.
- Prize limits up to $5,000 do not require a witness.
- Prize limits from $5,001 to $50,000 require one witness.
- Prize limits from $50,001 to $100,000 require two witnesses.
- Prize limits from $100,001 to $250,000 require two witnesses (one of which is a PGA Certified Golf Professional).
- Prize limits $250,001 and above require a PGA Certified Golf Professional and videotape of all eligible shots by a second witness.